Signing up to Twitter  

Posted by Marrickville Reads Blog Coordinator

Signed up to Twitter today - initially dubious but I like what Mosman Council have done. Graham Jaunay, an SA genealogist has a useful twitter too.

I have signed up as a followerr and asked a few friends to join in.

I cant see myself using it for personal stuff but can see the possibilities for work related material. It would seem to me to be best used for very specific topic areas. I dont think the public would be really interested in a Library wide twitter but they might go for one that is specific to a certain area - such as a genre book discussion, family history, stuff specifically for children, for specific groups with well defined areas of interest.

What is its advantages over email lists & discussion groups ?

We shall see how it goes.

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment